Boxer, C. R. The Christian century in Japan 1549-1650. Manchester: Carcanet in association with the Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation, The Discoveries Commission, Lisbon, the Fundação Oriente, Lisbon, 1993. Print. 

They Came to Japan: An Anthology of European Reports on Japan, 1543-1640, compiled and annotated by Michael Cooper, Berkely: University of California Press, 1965. Print.

Ross, Andrew C. A vision betrayed: the Jesuits in Japan and China, 1542-1742, (Michigan University) Orbis Books, 1994. Print.


Comments

  1. Hmmm. Looks good. I am often on the fence about works like this. Some them that I think I need I buy, but others I hold it on my wishlist to see if over time a cheaper one turns up-- which has happened to me with many of the out-of-print things I want a copy of. Have you seen a copy of it via interlibrary loan or anything yet? I bet one could find one in London... Come here and we'll order one through a library!
    And, about the bibliography--- please go ahead and add your references to the list I started-- I was thinking a single list would be good, and maybe also one separated out into subject areas. But it would be great to get all our sources pooled on one post.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts